"Oh, my twitchy-witchy girl, I think you are so nice…" A sudden bit of fall weather paired with redyed hair puts me in a good mood.
So many videos this week! This will be the last for a while though; the only makeup tutorial I plan to ever make!
Dave Vanian photographed by David Arnoff, 1985
Kiera Cass (via maxonshreaves)
She really did, actually.
Like not once did she say “I want a prince to come and rescue me from my situation.”
She just wanted to look cute and turn the fuck up at the party.
New face Nathan Saignes in an 80s editorial for Fucking Young
don’t u love how movies about the future changed it used to be like
woa flying cars
woa time travel
and now its just like
to die in some horrible apocalypse
says a lot about out cultural state of mind
Happy Birthday, H.P. Lovecraft, born 20 August 1890, died 15 March 1937
- The world is indeed comic, but the joke is on mankind.
- If religion were true, its followers would not try to bludgeon their young into an artificial conformity; but would merely insist on their unbending quest for truth, irrespective of artificial backgrounds or practical consequences.
- I couldn’t live a week without a private library - indeed, I’d part with all my furniture and squat and sleep on the floor before I’d let go of the 1500 or so books I possess.
- Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.
- I never ask a man what his business is, for it never interests me. What I ask him about are his thoughts and dreams.
- Creative minds are uneven, and the best of fabrics have their dull spots.
- The most merciful thing in the world… is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents.
- Contrary to what you may assume, I am not a pessimist but an indifferentist- that is, I don’t make the mistake of thinking that the… cosmos… gives a damn one way or the the other about the especial wants and ultimate welfare of mosquitoes, rats, lice, dogs, men, horses, pterodactyls, trees, fungi, dodos, or other forms of biological energy.
- The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown.
- Almost nobody dances sober, unless they happen to be insane.
Lovecraft was an American author. He achieved posthumous fame with his works of horror fiction that include The Call of Cthulhu, The Shadow Out of Time, and At the Mountains of Madness.
Source for Image